Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Stroll Invitation


There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature - the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

~ Rachel Carson, The Sense of Wonder

I will be outdoors today, listening for those refrains of nature. After my post last Sunday, highlighting those little hints that spring is on its way, we got 10 inches of snow! It was a cold, blustery week of winter but today promises to be warmer. My stroll will be sans camera, since my oldest daughter is borrowing it for a college field trip to Chicago. Even so, I will get out beneath that blue sky and sunshine and walk.

If you have time to stroll today, and if your weather permits, please post about about it on your blog and then come back here with a comment and a link to your post. You may use the Sunday Stroll button at the top of this post on your post or side bar if you would like. I will add participant names to this post so other strollers can walk through your garden too.

Look who's strolling:
Green Mamma at Green Mamma Blog
Linda at The Crafty Gardener
Margaret at Periodic Pearls
Abbie at Farmer's Daughter

7 comments:

Crafty Gardener said...

I just put up my Sunday stroll for today. Lots of signs of spring were discovered this week.
Sunday stroll looking for spring.

Green Mamma said...

Aisling, I hope you will share some pictures of the snow. It seemed like much was appearing in your gardens last week . . . perhaps some green is peaking through the snow.

Margaret Evans Porter said...

Strolling over here

http://www.margaretevansporter.blogspot.com/

Farmer's Daughter said...

Hello Aisling,

I just posted my stroll!

ASouthernSunset said...

I love the white fluffy snow and a wood burning fireplace...a pot of soup or stew on the stove...some homemade bread. Being in the deep South, we don't get to enjoy very much snow. It always seems so magical and much like a winter wonderland.

I didn't stroll today, but I did sit on my front porch and listen to the birdsong.

I can't wait to see the pictures of your garden once you are blessed with blooms and sunshine.

Yaya

Everydaywoman said...

Aisling,

I can hardly believe you got another 10 inches of snow! Ours is mostly all melted now and the promise of spring is nearer than ever---but it's still March and we could all be in for more snow!

Hope your daughter's college trip went well!

Aisling said...

Yaya and Ruth,

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to make nice comments. I had two wonderful walks yesterday, but neither were captured on "film." I may ask my daughter if I can post a couple of her Chicago photos, and may post a mid-week Stroll.

A lot of that 10 inches of snow melted yesterday and we are expecting to hit 60 F. tomorrow, so we'll lose even more. I'm ready for spring, and saw the tips of my peonies pushing up through the ground yesterday so I am a happy gardener! :)