Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Stroll Invitation

"There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks.
Most of the time we are simply not patient enough,
quiet enough, to pay attention to the story."
~ Linda Hogan


The garden teaches patience all year long, but perhaps at no time does it teach this lesson more clearly than in spring. From the time that the first green tip of new growth pushes through the soil to the time that the first blossoms unfurl can seem to be unreasonably long. But this is nature's pace. It isn't a race... it is a dance, to a song that weaves through the seasons, in and around our slowly turning earth, out and about through that endless expanse of mystery that we call the universe. We can't possibly understand it all, and we don't have to, but through our gardens, and through nature we can connect to it all.

Besides all of that, it just feels good to get outside, slow down, and enjoy the springtime. *grin*

If you have time to stroll today, and if your weather permits, please post about about it on your blog and then come back here with a comment and a link to your post. You may use the Sunday Stroll button at the top of this post on your post or side bar if you would like. I will add participant names to this post so other strollers can walk through your garden too.

Look who's strolling:

Green Mamma at Green Mamma Blog

Margaret at Periodic Pearls

Abbie at Farmer's Daughter

Brenda at View From the Pines

Cloudhands at Uncarved Block
...

5 comments:

Margaret Evans Porter said...

Strolling over here

http://margaretevansporter.blogspot.com/

Farmer's Daughter said...

Hi Aisling, I just posted my stroll with some pictures of the spring plantings I've done.

Abbie

Brenda@View From The Pines said...

Yes, I've greatly enjoyed my stroll through the gardens today. Unfortunately I had a bit of vertigo earlier, and fell with my camera onto the cement. Luckily, the camera was unscathed! Me, a few bandaids. Still, who can stop heading out there to see new blooms? The map to my stroll: http://viewfromthepines.com
Brenda

Aisling said...

Brenda, I'll add you to my list of strollers and head on over to visit your blog. I'm so sorry about your tumble. Ouch!

Cloudhands said...

I've been out about and recorded my observations. It is a delightful day,