Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Stroll Invitation

For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together.
For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.
~Edwin Way Teale

The weather promises to be gorgeous here today. It will be a perfect afternoon for a ramble amid trees whose leaves are rich with color, and through fields of wildflower stalks, heavy laden with seeds. The same natural "scattering abroad" is occurring in the garden. The sedum between the slates in the trail has turned apricot, and the leaves of the daylilies are lemon-lime. The color is softer, richer and more poignant than the hues of summer.

If you have time today to stroll in the garden today, please post about about it on your blog and then come back here with a comment and a link to your post. You may use the Sunday Stroll button at the top of this post on your post or side bar if you would like. I will add participant names to this post so other strollers can walk through your garden too.

Look who's strolling:
Margaret at Periodic Pearls



...

3 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

hello aisling, what beautiful words to describe my favorite time of year...I wish I had some of the beauty you have but I have learned to see beauty in the yellow grasses, large drooping oaks and black walnuts.

I was dropping in to announce my stroll and see you have already done that. Thank you..it's already past noon(almost) where you are so I am always "late" :)

Margaret Porter said...

Strolling over here today--

http://margaretevansporter.blogspot.com/

Joyce said...

Aisling, great photos of seeds, and I love the fort! My kids would have loved building something like that.
I took a little stroll down my street and posted a few shots of fall leaves. Come on over!