Sunday, May 05, 2013

Sunday Stroll Invitation

"Look at your feet.  You are standing in the sky.  When we think of the sky, we tend to look up, but the sky actually begins at the earth."

  ~Diane Ackerman


If you have time to stroll, please let me know in a comment and I will link to your stroll so that other gardeners and nature lovers can walk along with us.  

My walk with my son last week was lovely, and I was unable to share it with you because of technical difficulties.  I am still having the same problem, so today will share my stroll in words rather than photos...

This morning, the sky is translucent... a pale robin's egg blue.  
The air is alive with bird song and playful breeze.
The ground is lush from spring rains, and beginning to burst into bloom.  
In the north yard, bright yellow trout lily with her speckled leaves is unfurling.
In the herb garden, daffodils and hyacinth have awoken 
so late that they are joined in the dance by orange, purple, white and yellow pansies.  

The day is a bountiful offering from the Earth.  I accept it joyfully.

Where ever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you joy.

2 comments:

Nan said...

What birds are you hearing?? We've not heard too many.
Did your pansies overwinter? And I just saw some trout lilies down the road. We are often at the same weather place.

Pom Pom said...

Darn! I did my "stroll" on the treadmill today. I'm ready for warmer temps. I hope you had a peaceful weekend!