Saturday, November 23, 2013

November Lullaby


November Lullaby

Gray and brown November
Where blue overhead is unexpected
And cold white blasts unwelcome.

It is so hard to roll easily
from Indian Summer
To deep November slumber.

And so I make of myself a seedpod
Keeping all my green freshness
Tucked inside
Awaiting spring.

On the inside I practice unfurling,
While I settle into the leaf drift
That hums softly
Beneath the bare-branches of your days.

Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you peace.

poetry by Aisling

9 comments:

Tabor said...

This is such a lovely poem. Congratulations on making my heart hum!

Nan said...

This is really wonderful. You've captured the whole feeling beautifully.

Pom Pom said...

I love your poetry, A.
I really do.

Marcie said...

Thank you, my friends. My internet has barely been working, between snow storms and other impediments to satellite internet! Glad to manage to sign into my blog and find such friendly responses to my poem. :)

Out on the prairie said...

Lovely, there is a lot of beauty in this shift of seasons

Catherine said...

You have captured the mood beautifully.

Laura said...

So beautiful Aisling, thank you for this!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I look at this image
and wonder
"are you in my woods :)"
Love your poetry...

Kerry said...

How beautiful. Lovely, and serene.