Monday, December 05, 2016

Monday Muse: Winter Song



"I still believe in summer days
The seasons always change
and life will find a way"

I am going to resurrect my old tradition of posting a "Monday Muse."  These are songs, or art, or news stories that inspire me.  As a musician myself, I am very appreciative of acoustic performances. This cover of a beautiful Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson song really resonates with me.  Love the ease and gentleness of this performance and the lyrics seem just right for this season.

If you have a favorite acoustic performance, please include a link in my comments.

Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you joy.

5 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

They say one of the most popular down loads lately has been Leonard Cohen's Halleluiah. I listened to a lot of people who did it over the summer on U Tube and it is a favorite of mine. When I first heard him play in 71 we sat on the floor of a student union in Iowa City.

Marcie said...

I love hallelujah too. My favorite is the Jeff Buckley version from "back in the day" but have loved many of the renditions I've heard. How cool that you saw Cohen back in the 70s. I never got to see him, but he is an icon. What an incredible poet/songwriter.

Stephanie Faris said...

I love Sara Bareilles, but I'd never heard that one. Thanks for sharing!

Sandra Cox said...

I had not heard this song before, thank you for sharing.

Hallelujah is one of my favorites. So moving.

Marcie said...

Stephanie, I need to listen to more of her work. I am more familiar with Ingrid Michaelson.

Sandra, You're welcome. And I agree, Hallelujah is very moving. Definitely one of the best songs of all time. Pure poetry.