Sunday, December 31, 2017

Sunday Stroll - Last Sunday of the Year


The road to town is drifted with snow
from the last several days.
We have perhaps a foot of snow,
with deeper drifts 
where the wild winds 
have whipped through.


We have froged a trail
 from the house
to the chicken coop,
through the sleeping garden.


Micah follows me as I make my rounds,
feeding chickens and rabbits and farm cats.

He is eager to follow
the long trail to the woods,
though he disappears in the drifts
once in a while.






The woods are 
a serene and lovely place
in late December.


When we come inside,
tired from the extra effort involved
 in walking through deep snow,
it is a blessing to sit near the wood stove,
dreaming over garden catalogs,
as the time for seed ordering draws near.


Outside the windows,
the trees are sleeping
and the sun hides 
behind her veils of snow.


Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you peace.


Take a moment, if you can, to head over to Steve's blog, 
for a beautiful glimpse of sunset, prairie style.

5 comments:

Birgit said...

Happy New Year and looking forward to more amazing photos. Your doggie looks like he is having fun. I love the picture of the branches covered in snow with that blue sky and love the last picture also...peaceful.

Pom Pom said...

Lovely, dear Marcie. I get garden-dreamy in January. I think I'll buy some hyacinth bulbs. Happy New Year, sweet friend.

Debbie said...

Such beautiful photos! I can't imagine dealing with all of the snow. . . . glad you have a warm house to come in to. <3

Magic Love Crow said...

Truly breath taking pictures! Loved them all! Magical!!
Happy New Year!! Wishing you so much happiness, love, good health and lots of abundance! Big Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs.
My good wishes for 2018

All the best Jan