Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sunday Stroll - Short & Sweet

We walked the ice-glazed trails of a local nature center on Saturday afternoon. 
Snow lay like lace upon the trees.



Our husky ran up and down the snow covered dunes by the Lake Michigan shoreline,
with his wild heart racing.



Standing amid the beach stones,
half buried in snow, 
while winter sun
fell through the wind,
my wild heart raced too.

Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you peace.


Hop on over to Out on the Prairie to see Steve's Eagle-filled Stroll!


10 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

i like that final shot. We go a few inches here yesterday evening more.

JFM said...

Wonderful winter photos!
I feel the brisk air just looking at them ☃❄

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh Wow!
That final photograph, it's amazing.

All the best Jan

R's Rue said...

Love.

Pom Pom said...

Oh how lovely! I know it's cold but it's super charming, too!

Magic Love Crow said...

Looks so beautiful and peaceful!! Big Hugs!

Nan said...

I love that - "wild heart." What a nice walk.

Sandra Cox said...

What beautiful words to go with those lovely, haunting pictures, Marcie.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are amazing! I love the post:)

irinathayer.com

Marcie said...

Thank you, old friends and new, for taking the time to read and comment on my post. I am in a busy season, with a new job and back in college, working toward an eventual masters. As soon as I get used to my new schedule, I will find the best time for reading and writing blogs. Take care all!