Monday, February 25, 2008

Quieter Than Usual...



I've hardly posted this month. There has been plenty to write about, but very little time. I will try to play "catch up" over the next couple of weeks, if life allows! In the meantime, I have very exciting news! Despite the continuing deep freeze we find ourselves in here in the hilly northland, I have tulip tips emerging from a little patch of bare earth along the front deck of the house! Told you it was exciting! *grin*

~ Aisling




February 2008 photos by Aisling, 1) Sijo and Tanka sledding on the 18th 2) tulips looking for Spring on the 25th

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! It's too warm here for tulips, unless you pop them in the freezer before planting!

Kate

Marcie said...

Kate, I hope these grow slowly because there is a lot of winter weather still to come before they are supposed to bloom (May, I think.)

Have you tried freezing the tulips and growing them? I've read about that, but of course it isn't an issue here. My issue is that I have to dig up dahlias, and canna lilies, etc. and bring them in for the winter.

I'm glad you stopped by! :)

Margaret Porter said...

Those tulips--what a thrilling sight for someone surrounding by thigh-deep snow, with more on the way!

Dianna said...

I'm so excited for you! All we have coming up right now is weeds, but I hope to change that in a year or two.

Marcie said...

Margaret, Thank you for coming by! Those little tulips were dusted with snow this morning. I sure hope they're tough!

Mrs. Mordecai, Thank you for returning my visit! You have a very little child, don't you? (I hope I'm remembering correctly!) It is hard to garden in those early days, but I did squeeze some gardening in when my children were toddlers. They loved to be out in the sun, smelling flowers, and exclaiming over bugs. If you're interested, check out my blog link to Sharon Lovejoy. She is a garden writer whose books about gardening with children are incredible. :)

Marcie said...

Nancy, Thank you for commenting. I have missed so many of the wildflowers in winter events, by having a very, very busy February! I need to take the time to read the posts other participants made. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you are doing okay. Hope life is treating you well and that you are able to find some "me time" in there somewhere! Exciting about the tulip - surely spring is on its way!