Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sunday Stroll - The Flowers Speak


There is so much light and color in the garden in these early days of May. I will let the flowers speak for themselves, through these photos. They sing their own prasies quite sweetly!





1) red impression tulip 2) dwarf red and yellow tulip 3) white emperor tulips 4) blue violet 5) poets narcissus 6) unknown narcissus cultivar 7) jetfire narcissus 8) blue vinca 9) creeping pink phlox 10) the same tulip from the first photo, closing up as the sun sinks down in the west
all photos by Aisling, May 3, 2009

9 comments:

Cloudhands said...

Your flowers sing to me of how they have fullfilled their purpose just by being themselves. The infinite variety of flowers amazes me. I walk around in wonder, sort of like Thich Nhat Hanh observes in the quote you started your invitation to stroll today.

Marcie said...

Mom, Thank you! I walk around in wonder too... I must get it from you!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beautiful!!!!

Marcie said...

Ernestine,

Thank you!!! Finally, there are a variety of blossoms to share. Spring has really arrived. :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Look at my new header. You can see everything is coming out in my area - despite the rain.

Marcie said...

Ernestine, I'll be by soon. Can't wait to see!

Everydaywoman said...

Your flowers are certainly speaking! Did you think it would EVER happen? HOW BEAUTIFUL!

Everydaywoman said...

Aisling,

By the way, what a lovely comment to your mother! I should have figured out the relationship LONG ago before anyone told me!

Marcie said...

Ruth,

It's fun to share blogging as Mother and Daughter, isn't it? I enjoy your interactions with Abbie too!

It did feel like a long time to wait for spring to really settle in. As always, it was definitely worth the wait. My garden is alive with busy little pollinators now. I just love it!

Thank you for the nice comments!