Saturday, October 10, 2015

On the Shores of October


Walk with me to the lake shore


We'll keep our shoes on this time...No toes in the lake in October.


Nights have been cold, and the lake is already leaning into November.


At the edge of the lake, 
Mallards linger in the marsh,


then rise.


We'll linger too,
and really notice Autumn...
the look of the sky, 
the feel of the air, 
and the insistent sound of the waves on the shores of October.




Where ever you are,
whatever the weather,
I wish you serenity and awareness.


5 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

I waded yesterday just past my knees. A bit cool, but it has held the heat.

Marcie said...

You are braver than I! The water here never got warm enough for my comfort this year. I swam quite often... but it was always quite chilly. Probably wont try again til next August. lol

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I had to keep my shoes on the other day when I walked the beach. We are not quite leaning into November here yet....but we certainly will be.

elaine said...

What a delightful place to ponder - although the water does look jolly cold to me - I think you were wise not to take a dip.

Pom Pom said...

You have such lovely lake views! I bet you never tire of it.