Friday, February 02, 2018

A Little Quote and a Little Note: Winter Full of Winter


"You can't get too much winter in the winter."


~ Robert Frost


I'm not sure that I can wholeheartedly agree with Robert Frost, but Micah certainly does!  We have had a winter full of winter: snow, ice, Alberta clippers, and bone-chilling cold. Early each weekday morning, I step into the cold pre-dawn air to tend to our farm animals before braving the challenging road conditions on my way to a new job which I started in November.  Well, it's not just a job, it's a calling.  More about that another time!

When I arrive home, as the sun is sinking into the beautiful lake that defines the western horizon on my entire (eleven mile) commute, Micah is waiting.  Waiting with bright eyes and excited energy in his entire body.  He is eager to romp in the snow, skid on the ice, and to leap and bound joyfully.  If his wagging tail is any indication, he shares the belief with Robert Frost that "you can't get too much winter in the winter."  In fact, he'd be in favor of winter all year long!

Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you joy.

9 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

Just the other day I thought it might be nice to visit AZ for the season, but then I like to play in it like your pup sometimes.

Granny Marigold said...

Micah looks like the breed of dog meant for snow and cold weather. He's a handsome dog.

Marcie said...

Some place warm is sounding pretty good about now! Lol

Marcie said...

Yes, he's a Siberian huskie and this is definitely huskie weather!

JFM said...

I so love seeing Micah and your beautiful photos Marcie.
You always add such lovely thoughts and words to your postings, too~

Marcie said...

Thank you, Jan. We are thinking of getting a friend for Micah. I have my eye on a girl-dog at the shelter. Going tomorrow to meet her! Micah could use an energetic young friend !

Nan said...

I'm with Micah! I stand outside and just breathe in the air.

JFM said...

Micah would probably love having a friend!
Our family believes in giving shelter dogs a new chance in life, too!
Good for you Marcie 💗

Magic Love Crow said...

Awww, I agree, I want winter all the time! I'm with Micah! So precious. Can't wait to hear about your job! Big Hugs!