Friday, August 31, 2007

Full Moons and Perseverance


In January, I decided to write a post each month about the full moon. All year I have struggled to take a good photo with my inadequate equipment, and I have struggled with posting the following day. Certainly next year, I will choose something new to comment on each month, but in the meantime, I will persevere!

My Campfire Girls resource refers to the August full moon as "The Green Corn Moon." This looks more like an orange corn moon to me! Despite the difference in color, this moon did rise over fields of ripening corn, sunflower heads heavy with seeds, and trees lightly touched with autumn color.

One of my favorite things about my family is that we will actually shout to each other in excitement over the beauty of the sunset or the luminous moon. "Look at the pretty moon!" one of us shouted the other evening as this circle of tangerine light penetrated the dark wisps of cloud. Rainbows stir up a lot of excitement too. Yes, it really is a little "uneventful" here in the quiet countryside, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: