Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Stroll Invitation


“Gardens, scholars say, are the first sign of commitment to a community. When people plant corn they are saying, let's stay here. And by their connection to the land, they are connected to one another.” ~ Anne Raver


I am away from home this weekend. If I had not left my camera at home, you would be seeing photographs today from my mother-in-law's garden. As a gardener, it seems that I am always interested in other people's gardens. I notice the flowers in the median as I drive through a town, or the flowers dripping from store-front window-boxes as I shop in a village. I kneel down for a better look in a friend's garden, and share plants with other gardeners, just as I share images of gardens with my fellow Sunday Strollers here each week.

If you have time this week for a Sunday Stroll, please post about about it on your blog and then come back here with a comment and a link to your post. You may use the Sunday Stroll button at the top of this post on your post or side bar if you would like. I will add participant names to this post so other strollers can walk through your garden too.
...
Look who's strolling:
Linda at Vulture Peak Muse
Margaret at Periodic Pearls
The Crafty Gardener at The Garden Side
...

12 comments:

Margaret Porter said...

Strolling again over here--
http://margaretevansporter.blogspot.com/

Farmer's Daughter said...

Hello Aisling, I just got my stroll posted http://farmersdaughterct.wordpress.com

Nan said...

I'm the same way. I look at every little flower wherever I am.

My stroll this week is here:

http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/2008/08/sunday-strollaugust-10.html

Linda said...

I've taken a stroll today and snapped some photos of some of my containers.

Joyce said...

I'm strolling!

Diana Z said...

My Sunday stroll.

http://dananddiana.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Aisling,
So sorry, but I was away in the "Garden State" for an engagement party. My Sunday Stroll on "Volatile Weather" is finally posted on Monday!

Ruth at http://everydaywomanusa.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Aisling, I forgot to write in. I put up my Sunday Stroll post. Thanks so much, Dee

L'Adelaide said...

I was so sad because nobody came to my stroll and I am not sure why...I see it is posted.... I don't see my comment here but I put it in the wrong place I think....did that make a difference?

No worries, I was just a bit surprised...

xoxo

Marcie said...

Linda, I went to your stroll and commented and yesterday I noticed that my comment never appeared there. Maybe that happened to others also. I'll try again. :)

L'Adelaide said...

hi aisling...thanks for the head's up on my missing comments...somehow it was set to moderation and so, since I don't, didn't know to look. don't know how that happened but I hope I fixed it. I think from now on, I will post my stroll here on sunday, even tho I am in a later time zone.

xoxox

Marcie said...

Linda, I'm glad you found your comments! You can post your Stroll whenever it works best for you. This past Sunday was a little weird for me because I was away. I posted and updated before we left my mom-in-laws, but then couldn't do so again until very late in the day when we got home (it is a long drive.)