Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sunday Stroll Invitation


"O wild West Wind, thou breath of Autumn's being.
Thou, from whose unseen presence the leaves dead
Are driven, like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing."
~ Percy Bysshe Shelley

This morning, the "breath of Autumn's being" which Shelley wrote about is an easy breath... the breath of moderate temperatures and gentle breezes. This is a little respite from harsh November weather. We've had frost, a hint of snow... but now for a few days, we will have the right weather to "tuck the garden in for winter." Though there is much to appreciate in the coming seasons, I find these warm gentle days a blessing to be appreciated.

If you have time to stroll in the garden today, please post about about it on your blog and then come back here with a comment and a link to your post. You may use the Sunday Stroll button at the top of this post on your post or side bar if you would like. I will add participant names to this post so other strollers can walk through your garden too.

Look who's strolling:

Joyce at Tall Grass Worship

Abbie at Farmer's Daughter

Margaret at Periodic Pearls

Ruth at Every Day Woman

...

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I've been strolling, Ailing! True confessions: I've been doing my strolling on Saturday, since, being on staff at a church, Sunday can get away from me. I guess for me it's my "weekend stroll", because I'm never sure when it will happen!

Farmer's Daughter said...

Hi Aisling,

I just got my stroll posted!

Marcie said...

Joyce, That's understandable. A Saturday Stroll has every bit as much value as a Sunday Stroll. For me, Sunday afternoons are the most quiet time in my week, thus the idea originated with Sunday. Whenever you stroll, I'm glad you are sharing it with us here! :)

Margaret Porter said...

Strolling!

http://www.margaretevansporter.blogspot.com/

Everydaywoman said...

Aisling,
Perhaps you didn't receive my post earlier this am that I had finally gotten the chance to do a Sunday Stroll? So sorry for the long absence, but it's been especially hectic with school and the farm, and I've been devoting more time to my educational blog for school. BEST to all! Ruth
http://everydaywomanusa.wordpress.com