Sunday, November 09, 2008

Sunday Stroll - November Color

Once the leaves fall, we tend to think of November as the gray month in our region. We see gray skies, gray weather, graying fields. But on this cold Sunday afternoon, Maudie and I found plenty of lingering color.

Red

Orange
Yellow


Green

Blue

Indigo



Violet

These Canada Geese flew energetically toward the south as Maude and I moved briskly back into the cozy house, were a woodfire warmed the air. I like the second goose, who seems to fly to the beat of her own wings.

...

8 comments:

Jane O' said...

It's always a good thing to get outside and find the beauty that wauts there. I love your pictures reminding me that "it ain't over."

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos! I found your blog through the Soliloquy blog... its so nice to see other parts of the country in autumn...

Marcie said...

Jane Marie,

I'm glad to have provided that little reminder. It is hard for me to remember in mid-Winter but I still try to get out and appreciate nature. Nice to see you here!

Anne,
So glad you found me. Autumn has many moods and faces around the world, doesn't it? Thank you for your nice comment!

susan said...

Very lovely pictures and a beautiful village. It reminded me of England.

Marcie said...

Susan, It is a pretty village, with lovely gardens. As much as I love my country acres, I also enjoy wandering through the village (aimlessly or otherwise!)

Thank you so much for visiting, and for your kind words.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Aisling, My first frost this morning. Winter is arriving. I still have some flowers lingering on.
Loved the picture of the geese.
Have a great day.

Phill said...

The colors are beautiful and that pup is gorgeous! I always think that Fall is a wonderful season to be outdoors.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, Aisling, and how nice that you still have so much color!