Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Stroll - Peace


Late this morning, my seventeen year old daughter and I drove along the lakeshore to the city. By some standards, this city of less than 15,000 residents would be merely a small town... but to us, it is a city. We were attending a fundraiser for a fresh foods project which supplements the dry goods provided by local food pantries. Walking to what we thought was our destination, we encountered these characters hanging out on a little footbridge over the river.






We hurried past a beautiful church were magnolias were blooming...




only to discover that the building we thought was our destination was not the location of the fundraiser afterall. Thankful for my cell phone, I called and had my husband track down better information about the event. With a very chilly wind nipping at our noses and tossing our hair in our faces, we hurried back to the car to drive to another part of the city for the Empty Bowls event.
Late in the afternoon, after the event and a little shopping, we drove back along the lakeshore toward home. The orchards are bursting into bloom, much too early...

but these rolling hills, so green and blue, are peaceful and welcoming in the springtime.
Where ever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you peace.
All photos by Aisling & Haiku
April 18, 2010

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

What a fun outing you had! I like that. I do not know if I'll get my walk today. I have to clean and arrange in order to prepare for a house guest again. I am glad you were able to get away from your books for a while, friend!

Marcie said...

Pom Pom, I wrote a 26 page unit plan between Friday evening and Saturday evening, so I was due for a break! I have more work to do before my next class, but am considering this a day of rest.

I hope you enjoy your house guest! Thank you so much for visiting!

marcia said...

Beautiful pictures and perfect title PEACE.
The orchard is gorgeous. It makes me want to run down through the trees.

Glad you found the correct location :)

happy day
~marcia

Marcie said...

Marcia, I'm glad we found the right place too! It was a nice event. I'd like to know how much they earned for their cause; there was a great turnout.

Thank you for your nice comment on my photos. I'd like to run down through the orchard also. My friend and her daughter used to go to a cherry orchard just up the road every year at "petal fall" and run up and down the rows with soft petals drifting down all around them. What a beautiful memory for them to make together!