Saturday, May 27, 2017

Saturday Snapshot - Morning Peace




Lying on my belly at the edge of the swamp,

I see a small spotted friend.
I hear birds chirping merrily,
and over my shoulder,
the low deep tones of a bullfrog.
Nearby, another frog dives into the water,
with a percussive splash.



I smell the faint musk of the swamp,
and the green, fresh scent of the forest all around.

I taste the morning, and it is a full sensory experience.

In this place,
low and slow,
face to face with nature,
I feel the deep peace of early morning.




Where ever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you peace.

8 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

That's beautiful, Marcie. I could feel and smell everything you wrote about.

Birgit said...

Beautiful poem and so inviting to just want to walk where you are. Love the pictures and that frog is cool looking

Cat Lover said...

Beautiful Marcie! I so love to visit our neighbourhood pond early in the morning.
Take care.
Robin

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Love your words
bad storms a night ago
frightening
today
beautiful and sunny,

Marcie said...

Thank you. That is always my hope!

Marcie said...

Love these acres. Sometimes I get a little wanderlust, but mostly am glad to be here at home.

Marcie said...

Robin, it is so peaceful in those quiet hours, isn't it?

Marcie said...

Storms can be scary but we have had some mild ones here lately. So glad you came by!