Monday, August 28, 2017

Autumn's Prelude



As we see the leaves turning
to the soft music of Autumn's prelude,


we begin to think of bonfires and pumpkin patches,
of hayrides
and raking piles of leaves.


My dear blogging buddy, Pom Pom, and I
have challenged ourselves to begin a nature journal
on the first day of Autumn this year.

Will you join us?  This is plenty of advance notice, 
so take your time to find a lovely unlined journal,
or a simple sketchbook.  

Will you draw in colored pencil?  
Sketch in charcoal and color in with watercolor? 
 Will you snap photos to draw from in the comfort of your cozy home, 
or will you sit in a cardigan on a hillside,
 sketching dreamily,
 as the wind tugs at your hair?

I will be choosing my notebook and adding a little decoration to the cover and/or the "title page."  Will share photos of my creative endeavors here soon.  Hope to find that several friends are joining in and sharing on their blogs, when autumn arrives.  It will be here before you know it!


Enlarge this photo if you can, and look for the line of geese flying in their traditional "V."

Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you joy.

14 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Yay! I made my nature journal this morning! I made tabs for each autumn month. I put a pocket in the front for leaves. So fun! Thank you, Marcie!

Marcie said...

This will be fun. I'm off to check through all of my notebooks and blank books to fingmd sometbing suitable. I love the leaf pocket. I may borrow that idea. ;)

Marcie said...

Yikes. Typing on a phone! Lol. "Find something suitable. "

Birgit said...

I will enjoy what you will be writing as I loved what you wrote today and your pictures are pretty but I'm not sure I am ready for fall yet. I'm ready for some cooler temps but not fall:)

Sandra Cox said...

I loved seeing the flying geese in the last photo!
And the daisies pictures were such a lovely contrast of soft and crisp.
Hope your evening is serene and tomorrow is full of sparkles.

JFM said...

Marcie, I won't be joining in the nature journal but I will enjoy seeing what you post. I hope you get lots of interested bloggers to join in! I love nature and can't wait to see more of your enchanting photos and/or art!

Have a great evening 💮

Marcie said...

I'm afraid autumn is arriving early here whether we like it or not!

Marcie said...

Thank you. I can hear the geese before I see them. Hope your week is wonderful!

Marcie said...

Thank you, Jan. I'm not very gifted at drawing so I'm not sure how much "show and tell" I'll actually do. ;)

Out on the prairie said...

Seeing some changes when out yesterday. I like the journal idea, it is always fun to be able to look back at thoughts and ideas

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, I enlarged the photographs and saw the flying geese in your last photo.

All the best Jan

Cat Lover said...

Hi Marcie, I would love to join in on the Fall journal! I just read in your comment how you are not gifted at drawing. I am definitely NOT but I will try.
Robin

Magic Love Crow said...

I love autumn and I love this post! I'm not sure if I can do the fall journal with you, but I will for sure come by to see what you are doing! Big Hugs!

M.K. said...

Hi, Marcie, I'm a blog buddy of PomPom's, and I'm new here. I read about the autumn journal and I am in it with you! What a wonderful idea. For the first time since I was 5 years old, I am at home in autumn (my very favorite season) and not in school, not teaching school, and not a child in the house. Yay! My husband makes little books, so I will use a couple of those, bound together and with pockets added. I will probably use sharpie pens to outline pictures, and then color or watercolor them. But I love to collect leaves and such, and trace them, etc. Also my chickens' feathers will feature prominently, I imagine, haha :) Thanks for including us!