Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Last Days of August



This evening, I went hiking with our dog,
as the golden light of August lingered.


Cool rainy days have left the cedar swamp
lush and green.




The thistle are going to seed
in slow motion 
on the steep banks of the trail
 in the heart of the cedar wood.



Micah and I went "tightrope walking"
on fallen logs


in and around and over



the ferns and moss,
and the vibrant persimmon berries
 of Jack in the Pulpit.


At the western edge of the sky
the sun fell,
luminous and lovely.


Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you joy.

7 comments:

Blogoratti said...

And what a glorious day it turned out to be, wonderful photos indeed. Greetings!

Out on the prairie said...

What a lovely share. I like the tightrope part, balancing on the logs

Marcie said...

It was a glorious day. Good word for it! Thank you. I hope all is well in your life!

Marcie said...

Thank you, Steve. Some of the swamp is an obstacle course! Lol

Cat Lover said...

So Lovely Marcie! You make me want to get right outside. My ironing can wait!
Take care.
Robin

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photo's Marcie, and those skies are just glorious.

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful my friend! This year has went by so fast! Big Hugs!