Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Walk in April...









I took my slippers off as I stepped through the garden, looking to see which buds had survived the storm. Only one bright daffodil was blooming. There is something welcoming and rejuvenating about the kiss of the cold earth against the soles of my bare feet, even in April... even as snow slows the rush of the creek and snowdrifts tarry in the shadowed, low-lying areas of the yard.



Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
and the wind longs to play with your hair.

-Kahlil Gibran



photos by Aisling, April 9, 2007

5 comments:

Michele said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful post, beautiful quote! I love it, Aisling!

Nan said...

Lovely blog entry, Aisling. I like the word, "tarry". I like those slippers!

Marcie said...

Rapunzel & Nan, Thank you friends for sharing my walk with me!

Nan, "Tarry" is a lovely old-fashioned word, isn't it? *grin* And, thank you, I like my slippers too, though I suppose they are really supposed to be just for inside the house! lol!

kerrdelune said...

Beautiful, beautiful beautiful and thank you!!! Cate (KerrdeLune)

Marcie said...

Cate, I'm so glad you stopped by! Thank you and I'll be visiting in your "neck of the (cyber)woods" later today. I suppose you've been getting all of this wintry weather also.