Wednesday, June 06, 2007

(Not Quite) Wordless Wednesday...




This may look like a makeshift tent, but it is a sail. Yesterday, while a crisp, cool evening breeze kept their sail billowed, Captain Sijo and his First Mate Tanka sailed their ship (otherwise known as the front deck) across the ocean with no particular destination in mind. They were on a quest for yellow, red and blue buoys, they told me, racing against time and unseen vessels. As the rival “speed boats” approached, the boys begged the wind to save them. Suddenly the wind gusted mightily, filling the sail, and they were racing away… skimming the waves as fast and as far as imagination could carry them.


photo by Aisling, June 5, 2007 (That's Arwen peeking around the sail.)

4 comments:

Catherine Mary said...

I have forgotten how wonderful it is to have children playing around the house--oh, their imagination and the places they travel to.

Marcie said...

Catherine Mary, It really is wonderful, though I admit I sometimes have to remind myself of that (when I stub my toy on a metal truck, or trip over a toy!) lol! My oldest is 17, and I know how quickly the years fly, so I try to slow down and savor these fleeting childhood moments!

Michele said...

Ooh, I would love to come sailing with your wonderful little sailors!
I, too, miss those simple play times.

Marcie said...

Rapunzel, We're supposed to go sailing "for real" this weekend. It will be great to see their wide-eyed wonder over truly skimming the waves!