Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday Stroll - Autumn Arrives...


I usually buy one new variety of mum each year, unless a friend gifts me with some. Taking these photos this morning, I realized that I didn't have any orange mums, so I bought an orange mum called "warm igloo" (not in any of the photos) this afternoon at the nursery. I also bought two orange crocosmias. I guess it was my day to add orange to the garden. All I need now is a few pumpkins on the porch.



photos by Aisling, 1) Echo Bronze Mum 2) red mums 3) last year's red mum 4) pink mums transplanted from my sister-in-law's garden 5) yellow "Dendranthema" mums 6) another red mum 7) violet-pink mums shared by a family friend 8) little yellow mum purchased as a $1 bargain plant late last autumn, growing with blue veronica.

4 comments:

Robbin said...

Just beautiful Aisling, I thinks mums are one of my most favorite flowers and yours are the most vibrant colors I've ever seen.

Marcie said...

Robbin, If it weren't for mums, there would be almost no color in my garden in autumn. I usually have cosmos blooming too, but they did not reseed themselves from last season as they usually do. I guess I will have to scatter the seed myself this time.

I had fun photographing my mums. I didn't realize how many I had. Thanks for commenting! Does it feel and look like autumn where you are?

Anonymous said...

We saw really stunning Mums at the grocery store on Saturday for 2/$12 but I passed them by. I think since I get paid on Friday, I'll buy three for our yard (we have 3 empty pots out there) this weekend. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

Marcie said...

Sounds fun! I hope the ones that you loved are still there! You deserve a little treat! :)