Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Life in a Snow Globe

It is snowing again this morning. It snowed yesterday, and as you saw from my Sunday Stroll photos, it snowed on Sunday. I haven't heard any accumulation figures for this fall yet; it seems to have snowed often but may not have added up to much. This is the deepest it has been yet this season. Here are a few photos; of the snow fort, the log pile and the garden. Sijo said yesterday that it was like living inside one of the tiny houses in a snow globe.
Today, my only day to stay at home this week, I will be catching up on housework, laundry and, of course, doing homework. We are in the homestretch for this semester, with just one month of classes remaining. I will very much enjoy those three or four weeks between semesters, to make our home holiday-ready, to bake, and decorate, and just be the Mom for a while (instead of the student, and the employee, and the chauffeur, etc.)

I may even find time to read a book for pleasure over the holiday season! If anyone has a recommendation for a "must read" book (something homey and comforting, preferably) please let me know in my comments.

As the snow comes down today, my continued prayers and good wishes are going up for my friend Robbin and for my friend Rapunzel's Mom. Where-ever you are today, whatever the weather, I hope you enjoy the day.



...

8 comments:

Phill said...

We just got a little dusting here - I nearly missed it this morning. You got a beautiful little storm! Good to see the pics - have fun with it.

Marcie said...

City Mouse, I'm enjoying it; it certainly is beautiful. Driving was a little hairy yesterday though, and looks to be for much of the week. Thanks for visiting!

Robbin said...

I couldn't wait for you to come visit me so I'm asking you to, I have a surprise for you! The snow is just beautiful, we are cold here, going to be in the twenties tonight but no snow of course!
Thank you for thinking of me today. And my prayers are with Rapunzel's mom too.

Marcie said...

We "crossed in the mail" or something Robbin. I've been and seen your good news. I'm so very glad!!!!

ConsciousGardener said...

It's always surprising to see snow when you've got the door open to let in some fresh air and admire the garden...brrrrr. I love your photos and charming snipits...

Marcie said...

Concious Gardener,

Thank you for your kind comments! Today we had rain for much of the afternoon (the kind that froze on the windshield.) It turned to snow this afternoon. Winter seems to be settling in early this year!

Thank you so much for visiting. :)

Anonymous said...

The bottom photo especially has a snow globe effect. Does it usually snow this much this early in the season? We had snow flurries the other day, but no accumulation.

My prayers go out to your friend, Robbin, too.~~Dee

Marcie said...

Dee, We are getting snow very early in the season. I was not really ready for it! A "dusting" of snow is always pretty, isn't it?