Friday, January 16, 2009

Playing in the Snow


While the deep freeze has my neighbors and I grumbling, there is someone in the neighborhood who is enjoying the season. Our nearly-fourteen year old German Wirehaired Pointer forgets her age as soon as she moves through the front door of our house. There is something in the air here, in the wild wind that blows, that courses like youth through Miss Maudie's stiff joints no matter what the thermometer shows.



Haiku took these photos as she and Maudie met the boys at the bus stop on Wednesday in sub-zero (F) temperatures. I love these photos of our old girl.



photos by Haiku, January 14, 2009

5 comments:

sunshine girl said...

I love your blog, it's warm and cozy and friendly. I live in Northeastern Ohio and from the pictures you have it looks similar, are you in this vicinity of the country?

Margaret Porter said...

Fab photos. You know I love dogs in snow!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I love Miss Maudie running in the snow. Makes me smile this early morning and reminds me of my Sadie. I surely miss her and am looking for another shelter dog that I bond too.

Marcie said...

Sunshine Girl, I'm in the vacinity. I always just say "Great Lakes Region" for blogging purposes, but we are definitely in the same "neck of the woods" and having similar weather. How nice to meet you! I'll try to get over to your blog soon. :)

Margaret, Yes I do know! I always love your photos of your dogs!

Ernestine, It is a little lonely without a canine companion after you've had a special dog in your life. I hope you find the right companion.

Everydaywoman said...

What great shots! Isn't it amazing how the joy of snow brings out the "puppy" in our older dogs? Maybe we all can take a lesson from them! We have a 10-year-old Old English Sheepdog who also loves the colder temps. with snow, which we call "Sheepdog Weather," because with his thick coat, Eddie is more comfortable in these cooler temps. Our younger Golden, Duke, plows right through the snow, nose to the ground, in an act we call "weaseling" in the snow! Keep going, Miss Maudie!