Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sunday Stroll Invitation


The windows of my soul I throw
Wide open to the sun.
~John Greenleaf Whittier

The first day of February has brought bright sunshine to our northern hills. It is a lovely day to get out and walk. Hurrah!

If you have time to stroll today, and if your weather permits, please post about about it on your blog and then come back here with a comment and a link to your post. You may use the Sunday Stroll button at the top of this post on your post or side bar if you would like. I will add participant names to this post so other strollers can walk through your garden too.

Look who's strolling:

Jena at Becker Farms

Me, here at the Quiet Country House

Margaret at Periodic Pearls

Cloudhands at Uncarved Block

Abbie at Farmer's Daughter

...

5 comments:

Everydaywoman said...

Aisling,
I'm afraid I won't be strolling today, but I'll be enjoying others' strolls, for sure. I've been busy with some new posts and am now gearing up to provide a Superbowl Feast for my family.

I did want to let you know that you, and some of our other friends, have been "tagged" to play a fun, blogosphere game. If you want to join in the fun, please check it out at: http://everydaywomanusa.wordpress.com/2009/02/01/tag-youre-it/

Also, I'm been thinking about all our fellow flower-lovers out there, many whose gardens are now deep in the sleep of winter. To find out what type of flower you are, based on your personality, etc., I invite you to take a brief survey at: http://everydaywomanusa.wordpress.com/2009/01/25/709/
I found out that I'm a "snapdragon," although I was hoping for "hybiscus!" You may be surprised, too!

Very happy, February 1st to everyone! Wonder what the groundhog will be up to tomorrow in your neck of the woods?!

Fondly,
Ruth

Jena said...

Yay! It has been so long since I've posted a Sunday Stroll, but I did today.
http://beckerfarms.blogspot.com/2009/02/sunday-stroll.html

Thanks for hosting this, it has made me get in the habit of getting outside on Sunday even if I don't always get the pictures up. Today is actually pretty nice out - 30s and sunny.

Margaret Porter said...

Happy February! Strolling out of state....

http://www.margaretevansporter.blogspot.com/

Cloudhands said...

Come on down and go with me to the Tennessee Aquarium. Wonderful day out and about. It's shirt sleeves here. At least today.

Farmer's Daughter said...

Hi Aisling! I just got my post up after a long afternoon of tapping maple trees! Finally, something other than snowy pictures! (although there's snow in these pictures, too!)