Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Warp and Weft of Winter - 2009

Last year I did a post, The Warp and Weft of Winter, highlighting some of the textures and patterns inside the Quiet Country House. When sunshine spilled through the windows Sunday afternoon, casting interesting shadows, I saw things that I don't always notice. I grabbed the camera and wandered through the house.


photos by Aisling, February 22, 2009

1) the living room clock and its shadow 2) a prism at the kitchen window 3) the cloudy sky through the window screen 4) a pointsettia at the window 5) the fabric on our 1930s radio 6) embroidery on a quilt my grandmother made for me when I was in my teens 7) the corner of my nightstand, with a silk-flower pen in a hand-painted pot (a gift from my son Sijo)

8 comments:

Cloudhands said...

Love your use of close up in order to highlight design and detail. And I always loved that quilt.

Marcie said...

Thank you! I love that quilt too. Right now it is hanging on the wall at the head of our bed. I used to use it on the bed, but we have a couple of cats who use their claws and "noogie" the blankets at this point, so I'm protecting it from that while still enjoying it!

Memaw's memories said...

I see unusual things in my house when the sun comes spilling in, but it usually includes dust bunnies and old spider webs.

You obviously have a better eye than I.

Marcie said...

Memaw, LOL! There are plenty of those here too. I just didn't aim the camera at them!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Aisling, love your photo's. Gives me an idea for this city cottage.

Marcie said...

Ernestine,

Thank you! I hope you tell me what your idea is!

Everydaywoman said...

What beautiful textures and designs! You have such an eye for the detail and beauty all around us. I especially like the sky and clouds through the screen--how interesting! Keep on snapping those photos; you have a real talent there, Aisling!

Marcie said...

Ruth,

Thank you! I really enjoy photography. :)