Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Howling


"There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls..."

~ George Carlin

It is cold and blustery here. Too cold for trick-or-treating, but very typical for our northern Great Lakes region. Despite the sleet and cold air, we will put on extra layers, slightly inhibiting the impact of the boy's costumes, and trick or treat in the village. Hot chocolate and candy sorting are on the agenda for when we return home. Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you happy howling.
photo by Aisling, Sept. 2007


2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hello dear poetic friend! I LOVE the quote! When I was taking my most recent college courses, I wrote a paper about the moon. I point my head toward it whenever I can. We still have old, snowy icebergs everywhere. Two grandgirls are coming for chili and treats. I'm hoping some middle schoolers appear. I like their style. I hope you have fun. Take some pictures, okay?
(BIG HALLOWEEN HUG)

Marcie said...

Pom Pom, Was that for a science class or some other aspect of the moon? There is certainly a lot of mythology and legend about the moon. One year I tried to post about the moon each month, and referred back to some of the native American names for the moons of each month.

I hope you get those middle school kids on your porch. We saw a few in town, and I did snap some photos, although with wind and fading light, I'm not sure how well they turned out. I plan to use a few for my stroll post tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting. Here's a halloween hug right back! :)