Sunday, May 15, 2016

Strolling through Sunday


 The morning was overcast. 
 A dusting of snow lay over the garden.


But in the sheltered corner garden, 
a few flowers were blooming.


Creeping phlox,


And a creeping Goldenrod Spider (Mitsumena Vatia)
on the Mount Hood Daffodils


On the front lawn beneath the Sycamore tree, Wild Violets are plentiful.
We gathered a few to make a Wild Violet Syrup during the afternoon.


The sky brightened to this beautiful blue,


with long white clouds in the sky,
and low-lying frost-cover clouds near the ground.


The peach blossoms are faded and sad after the freeze over night,
but at the protected, hidden edge of the swamp, 
the marsh marigolds are thriving.





Deeper into the cedar wood,
Jack in the pulpits and ferns are emerging.



My thirteen year old son walked these quiet acres with me this afternoon.  Did you walk or get out in the fresh air today?

Long time readers of my blog will remember that I used to host a "Sunday Stroll" nearly every week. I am curious, if I resurrected that tradition, is there anyone who would like to stroll on Sundays with me, posting your stroll on your own blog and checking in here so I can send other readers your way? If so, please let me know.  I think I might do it just once or twice a month.

Wherever you are, whatever the weather,
I wish you somewhere beautiful to walk,
and someone beloved with whom to walk.

5 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

The stroll sounds nice. I went out for a bird hike with a county conservation group.I can't believe the snow dusting.I had a light jacket on today.

Marcie said...

The bird hike sounds really enjoyable. I haven't been on a guided nature walk in a long time. Love what you can learn in a group like that!

I'm ready for warmer days ahead. They are in the forecast, but approaching slowly.

Pom Pom said...

Hi M! Sure, I'll stroll along!
Everything is waking up. Beautiful!

magnoliasntea said...

Gorgeous photos! And I've been taking pictures that would make a nice stroll post.
Have a great weekend!

Marcie said...

Pom, Yay. Wont it be fun to stroll together again!

Toni, I look forward to your stroll! See ya Sunday! :)