Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Autumn in California - Part One


Last week we toured Ardenwood Farm in Fremont, California.
We were a long, long way from our Great Lakes home.


We walked beneath Shagbark Hickory
and Eucalyptus trees,
on a trail peppered with stars.



We toured dusty barns 
filled with old tractors and rusty implements.






We lingered on the lawns and porches 
of the elegant Patterson House
at the heart of the historic farm,



breathing in the heady scent of old-fashioned roses, 


while daffodils bloomed innocently,
as if it were spring.


We have just returned from a trip west,
my first time in California. 
 Sorry for the radio silence during my absence.
I will attempt to make up for it with a series of posts 
recalling our Autumn in California!

I hope to make the round to all of yours blogs this week!


Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you great joy.

11 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

the home is beautiful. I always have enjoyed the area and glad you got to see it. I will look forward to more pictures.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Marcie! How fun to go to California! It looks like you had a great time!

Marcie said...

Steve, Thank you! I'm glad I got to see it too! :)

Pom, It was a great time. Stay tuned. More to come!

Granny Marigold said...

My DH would like the dusty barns filled with old tractors and other implements; I would love to tour the Patterson house, especially in December when it will be all decorated for Christmas. How lovely that you were able to visit that area.

JFM said...

Such lovely photos Marcie!
That house is gorgeous! I love turrets and towers.
I've heard a lot of great things about California. My cousin lives there!

Have a great evening~

Birgit said...

I don’t love to visit California so it must have been fun for you to see all these sights. I love that picture of the Rose with the white background of that beautiful Victorian home. That home looks familiar to me so it must have been in movies. Is it a bed & breakfast or is it a museum? I’d love to tour that home. Great pictures you have shown here

Sandra Cox said...

How lovely! So glad you got to take this adventure.
x

Magic Love Crow said...

What a beautiful get away!! Thank you for sharing such gorgeous photos!!! Big Hugs!

Anonymous said...

That house is incredibly beautiful, thank you so much for posting a photo of it, Marcie, it's absolutely HUGE!

If you'd like to follow my blog as well, just click on my name and I'll see you there.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful photographs you have shared, isn't the house amazing.

All the best Jan

M.K. said...

What a beautiful place! And how nice to visit there in autumn when it's cold back home. I love the farmy stuff :)