Sunday, November 12, 2017

Sunday Stroll : Autumn in California - Part Two



Though my Sunday Strolls are nearly always taken the same day that I post them, this time I am going to bring you the second part of my Autumn in California series.  We were so fortunate to have the opportunity to visit Yosemite National Park in the beautiful Sierra Nevada mountains on our trip.

I do not have the right camera or skill set to do justice to the beauty of this place, but I have the right attitude to appreciate the peace and majesty of Yosemite and I hope I can share a bit of that with you.

Not long after you pass through the welcome center, you find yourself driving around the iconic El Capitan, pictured below.



In fact, around every curve, there is a panoramic scene that takes your breath away.



That is the Clark Range behind me.


Hidden within the vast acres of forest and rock and running water,
are hundreds of different communities of connected plant and animal life.  
The photo above is taken from the fen.
This habitat is so similar to the familiar cedar swamps on our own acres,
but edged in ancient trees and massive geological formations of granite and other rock.


We walked the quiet pathways of the Happy Isles, 
an area between two branches of the tumbling Merced River.


We walked the steep mist trail
with two grandbabies sleeping in a stroller,
while we marveled over the beauty
of our surroundings.



There was grandeur in the vistas,
and sweetness in the small details.




Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you peace.


Don't miss Steve's beautiful stroll, Out on the Prairie!

9 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

So nice to see a bit of it all. I would like to stay in the lodge they only have a walk in or horseback into.Such a gorgeous park.

Marcie said...

I would love that too. I once made a goal to horseback ride wherever I vacationed, but have only done it on Cozumel thus far (and that was several years ago.) I need to get back to that goal! It would be an amazing way to see a part of Yosemite that is off the beaten path!

Granny Marigold said...

When we still traveled about we visited the Grand Canyon, Bryce and also Zion parks but never went to Yosemite. It has such beauty. Thanks for sharing your trip.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beauty, and I'm so pleased that you have shared your photographs.
The panoramic scenes are amazing.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

wonderful photos from autumn !!!
Greetings Elke

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow!!! Truly breath taking!! Love the photo of you! Big Hugs!

Pom Pom said...

How glorious, Marcie! I love seeing YOUR face, too! (BIG HUG!)

M.K. said...

Beautiful photos, Marcie!! What a gorgeous place. I have never visited California. Thanks for sharing these photo with us.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

so pleased to see parts of your vacation
been off line for a while
and now checking in
safe travels
wherever you are