Sunday, May 13, 2018

Sunday Stroll - May you be well



I walked out past the cedar swamp,
into the maple wood.


Would I see the new leaves unfurl
if I stood very still 
in the early afternoon sunlight?


I walked along a stream, 
where ever rock and fallen log
is a tiny world of growth and vibrant color.


Do you see the porcupine in the tree?


I was disturbing his sun bathing,
so I snapped a couple of photos from a distance,


and left him to his idyll in the sun.



Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you comfort and joy.




May you be well.


Head on over to Steve's blog, Out on the Prairie for his beautiful nearly-summer stroll.



3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I really had to look for that porcupine! He just seemed to blend in.

Out on the prairie said...

I like the translucent leaves in the 2nd shot. The porcupine looks like a fellow to stay away from, I have only seen them a few times in the wild.Hope you have a delightful day, I just posted my stroll.

Magic Love Crow said...

I saw the porcupine!!! Glorious pictures and I loved the video! Big Hugs!