Sunday, August 05, 2018

Sunday Stroll - Beautiful Sunday


With so many demands on the farm - to care for people, to care for animals, to tend and harvest plants - I feel blessed whenever I have the opportunity to slow down and appreciate the beauty that surrounds me.  The brilliant, rich colors of the pansies and the happy attitude of the snapdragons urge me to slow down... to look, to smell, to be still in the fragrant garden.





For a while, several bees hung still upon the pale pink rays of the milkweed that popped up (uninvited but VERY welcome) in the kitchen garden.  I sat still too and listened to them hum.  The deep pink rose at the center of that bed filled the air with sweetness.  I felt that, together, we were all content.



It was so hot and humid that we all drooped,
but drooping looks good on the coneflowers, doesn't it?


Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you peace.


Sending prayers and good energy to Steve, Out on the Prairie.

5 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Truly beautiful!! Love these photos so much! Make sure you take time to breathe and enjoy! Big Hugs!

Sandra Cox said...

Marcie, your flowers are just gorgeous. And the coneflowers droop beautifully:)
I second the well wishes to Steve.
Hugs

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

such beauty

Marcie said...

I am taking that time. Thank you, Stacy!

Pom Pom said...

So pretty! We have SO MANY bees! I guess I can tolerate the Japanese beetle invasion because the bees are so happy and they work all day.
Prayers for your school year, dearie dear. I hope it's glorious.
I hope you DO enjoy some evening walks and maybe you should take lots of cut flowers to school. I remember having to put the garden out of my mind when school began, but don't do it. Hang on!