Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sunday Stroll - A Moment to Reflect


Tomorrow, the teachers at the charter school where I work will return for a week of training before students resume.  It has been a whirlwind summer.  There have been ups and downs, but it has certainly been a time of growth: on the farm and in personal arenas.  I co-hosted Open Mic nights, participated in author's fairs, grew and preserved food, visited with friends and family, and spent time in nature.  Along with the start of the school year, the next course in my Master's Degree program launches tomorrow as well, so I anticipate busy and days and nights! We are also hoping to have another farm intern come to stay with us for a few months or longer.  It is nice to have the extra help and to provide an introduction to our farming way of life to an interested young person.  

I have not strolled yet today; been canning tomatoes instead.  May take a late evening walk with the dogs, but wanted to post this quick image of homing pigeons/doves who have been visiting the farm recently.  Not sure where they live, but we have seen them many times.  We were calling the first bird Houdini, so when he brought a friend along we decided this must be Harry (Houdini) and his Bess.

Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you peace.  

Steve posted a lovely stroll, which you can pop over and see Out on the Prairie.  

7 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

It sounds like the lazy days of summer are coming to an end for you.

I am not able to see the picture of the pigeons for some reason.

Marcie said...

Granny, I don't know. The pigeons are there when I look at my blog on a different device. I'm not sure what is going on. Will see if anyone else has same comment! Thanks for visiting!

Out on the prairie said...

All started here Thursday. I had 2 grands begin Kindergarten , fun to hear their stories. i still get nostalgic each fall.

Magic Love Crow said...

I'm sorry my friend, I couldn't see the pigeons. It's just a blank square. Busy, busy you are! Give big hugs to your fur babies from me! Big Hugs!

Magic Love Crow said...

Yes, I see them! Gorgeous photo! Thanks for telling me to check back Marcie! Big Hugs!
(I love the light in the photo!)

Granny Marigold said...

Just checked again and now I can see the pigeons . Thanks for doing whatever it took to fix that.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's a very nice photograph, I do like how the light works in it.

All the best Jan