Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sunday Stroll - Approaching Autumn


It is late in the season, but this summer's snapdragons are still going strong.


These beautiful daylilies have also been blooming for a long stretch of sunny days.
The first four plants to bloom have been down for a while,
but the dog bit off the stalks on this plant early in the summer. 
I was sad when it happened,
but now that I have daylilies blooming in September,
I am counting my blessings!


The wave petunias are still the stars of the show 
at the edges of the garden,


and the Autumn Joy sedum is beginning to blush nearby.

'

Roses are blooming... again,


and the antique Hungarian baby baths
 that we planted with herbs
are filling in with greenery and color.




The bees are still busy,
and so are we.
It is a good kind of busy.


Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you peace.

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely late summer flowers!

Magic Love Crow said...

Truly gorgeous photos!! Thank you my friend! Big Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

These are beautiful photographs, so colourful.

All the best Jan