Sunday, March 31, 2019

Sunday Stroll -Never Turn Down a Walk


Spring is opening slowly
here in the north woods.

Pale shades of green
are pushing up through the snow,
and blooming through the 
gray-brown bark of the 
slowly waking trees.







I almost opted out of this walk.

The temperature was barely above freezing.

The wind was fierce.

However, I am trying to adopt a new motto,
inspired by Micah, our husky friend:

Never turn down a walk.


Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you joy.

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I enjoyed the pictures. Lichen and fungi have a beauty of their own.

Out on the prairie said...

they took some of that fluffy moss and blended it in some milk. Then they poured the smoothie along a stone walk and it grew moss in the cracks.Glad you got out, even in the cold there are treasures always to be found. I sat in a blind trying to get some merganser shots and they were too timid. Upon leaving a mink crawling on a log seemed unaware that I was a threat and posed nice. I got what I wasn't expecting

Magic Love Crow said...

Such a gorgeous, peaceful post! I loved it! Happy Easter my friend! Big Hugs!