Sunday, April 07, 2019

Sunday Stroll - Shoreline in early April


The shoreline in early April tells the tale
of a turbulent winter, 
full of wind and snow and ice.



On this 65 degree (F) day, 
I walk along the ridges of ice,
and over the rocks the winter has piled on the shore,
and listen to the dripping of the slow spring melt.



A few hundred feet away,
over the open water,
a bird circles.

Once every few moments,
it releases a sharp exclamation of sound
upon the hazy gray air.

I am quiet,
but I feel spring,
the waking season,
 rush up inside me as well.


Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you peace.

5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sure you will enjoy walking along the shoreline even more when the weather is milder.

Out on the prairie said...

I am in shorts today, but snowis still forecast over the weekend. Love this season to explore new ideas offered by nature

Birgit said...

A beautiful poem to go along with your beautiful walk and I love the pictures especially the lone old leaf. I might be a bit nuts (a Bit??) but that first picture...it looks like 2 dogs, albeit weird looking, smelling each other's noses

Magic Love Crow said...

These photos are magical! It's like you're in some far away land! Love! Big Hugs!

Marcie said...

It feels like a far away land sometimes! Thanks for the love!! ❤️