Sunday, April 14, 2019

Sunday Stroll - As a Storm Blows In


Despite a brisk wind,
gray skies,
and very cool temps,
this was a day for walking.


This was a day to notice
small bits of green emerging.




This was a day to listen
to the crunch of my feet on the gravel
in the alley ways in town,
while birds called
to one another
in the bare branches.


This was a day to walk beside the river,
on the way to a cafe in town.

It is Sunday
in a small northern Michigan city,
so the donut shop was closed.
The deli was closed,
and my son and I arrived at the French cafe
as they were turning the sign.
But, because this is a small town,
they unlocked the door 
with a smile,
welcomed us in,
and made us espresso drinks
that kept us warm 
on the breezy walk home.



We took a new route,
down another alley
as we meandered through
 the quiet Sunday afternoon.

#beautyeverywhere

Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you good company.

5 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hi Marcie! You are good to go walking in the cold. I often want to stay inside on cool spring days. But, I am off for a walk right now.
How nice that businesses close on Sundays. Refreshing.
Have a great week, sweet friend!

Birgit said...

It is a damp and dreary day but it sounds like you had a nice day anyway

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

You live a wonderful life
remember you so well over my 10 years of posting
take care....

Granny Marigold said...

How kind of them to open their doors and make you hot drinks to warm you up. Little deeds of kindness. Have a blessed week.

Out on the prairie said...

Treasures to behold on the unbeaten path. I am in shorts today, getting around on my biike