Saturday, February 25, 2017

Saturday Snapshot - Evening




As the day closes,

I hear night tapping on my window, wind in the branches.

I see one last curve of light on the western sky, touching the clouds with bit of silver.

I taste Turkish red lentil soup, toasted pitas, and homemade Concord Grape wine.

I smell the lingering scent of home cooking and roasted garlic.

I feel relaxed and comfortable.  Should we meet our friends to listen to a country band? Or get into pajamas and fall asleep early?

Where ever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you all the comforts of home.


7 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

A lazy evening. I opted for pajamas

Marcie said...

We did too, after all. The music didn't start til nine pm and was a 40 minute drive away. Watched a movie (The Impossible) on Netflix instead.

Cat Lover said...

Lovely Marcie. We stayed home and watched a VERY old Clint Eastwood movie.
Have a great Sunday.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

lOVE THIS
I WOULD GO TO BED EARLY
NOW
AND EVEN IF I WAS YOUR AGE
OR YOUNGER
LIKED NIGHTS AT HOME..

Marcie said...

Cat Lover, Was it Josey Wales? That's my favorite d Clint Eastwood movie!

Ernestine, Thank you. Nights at home are wonderful...especially if you remember to really appreciate and savor those quiet moments.

Cat Lover said...

Hi Marcie, no it was "High 'Em High" from I believe 1968. I really enjoy Clint Eastwood!
Robin

Marcie said...

Me too, Robin. Grew up with all of his older movies! :)