Friday, November 06, 2009

A Little Quote and a Little Note


"Artists should always think of themselves as cosmic instruments for storytelling."

~ Ted Lange

Fridays ought to start with sunshine and blue skies... and this one did. Now, late in the evening, the wind is dancing wildly outside in the darkness and the cold is tapping at my window glass. Inside, I'm warm and cozy, sipping my mug of hot tea and listening to my six year old chatter on and on. He is already a "cosmic instrument for storytelling" and an artful little fellow. Perhaps he will help me out with the art-related lesson plan I have to write for school this coming week!


This week it was watercolors and woven paper in art class, along with scissors, glue and lively conversation. Good stuff! Next week, African-inspired face masks from felt. Don't you wish you could come and play with me?
Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you color and comfort and joy!

5 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hi A!
Have you tried The Crafty Crow? It is a wonderful blog featuring gazillions of art projects for kids. It is astonishing - really. I love your picture. I took sky pictures this morning before school - PINK! I am going to spend a good deal of time grading papers this weekend when I'd really like to go outside and play.

Marcie said...

I came by and saw your post already... Didn't I comment? I sure thought I did! I'll have to head over tomorrow and look again. Tucking myself in right now.

I haven't seen the Crafty Crow. I'll check it out tomorrow too! Sweet Dreams! :)

Marcie said...

I did comment, and there *are* sky pictures but not the same pink morning sky you mentioned here in your comment. It's funny... I thought I remembered the pink but when I went back to look I realized it was proably your pink footwear in your header that I was remembering. lol! Hope it's a great day! :)

Andrea said...

What a lovely, lovely place you have!!! It has such a relaxing feel.

Art is truly a gift, and it seems that God gave artists a unique perspective for the world around them. It is amazing to me!

The time you describe with your child sounds so perfect. You are creating such wonderful memories for you both.

Thank you for letting me visit and ramble.

Andrea

Marcie said...

Andrea,

Thank for visiting and I enjoyed your "ramble!" How nice to meet you. I'll come by and return the visit soon! :)