Friday, September 22, 2017

Autumn Journal - September 22



This is the first entry in my nature journal.  I am borrowing a format I found on Pinterest, through this artist blogger.  I was inspired by her headings: Sky, Colors, Random Thoughts, and Simple Pleasures.  I may use different headings on other pages, but I liked this for the first page, which will include my entries for today, tomorrow and Sunday, with the page divided vertically into three parts.  Now, if only my art would "land on" the page looking just as it appears in my imagination!

On a side note, this blogger lives in my region and her watercolor sketches are beautiful, so I've found a new blog to follow.  Perhaps I should head on over and introduce myself!



Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you good company.

10 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Lovely, Marcie! Could you put a title on this post so the link will go to it?

Marcie said...

There it is! :D

Granny Marigold said...

I've started mine and maybe tomorrow I'll do another page. It's fun. Thanks for posting that Pinterest link. I think I'll go look for ideas.

JFM said...

Wonderful journal page!!! I checked out Catherine's blog and I would choose her style as you did Marcie...I love it!~

Out on the prairie said...

always a charm to reread journals, I saved a few while taking a plant illustration class. When I opened them I had forgot about pressing flowers and leaves in it so had a lap full.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love your journal page! Give kitty a hug from me!

Marcie said...

Granny, Yay. I will check and see if you are sharing your entries on your blog. Thanks for visiting!

Jan, Thank you! Great Minds Think Alike! ;)

Steve, I need to take an illustration class. My sketches are sadly unscientific! lol

M.K. said...

That's a very cool idea! Looks so nice. It's good to have a group of us doing this. Now that I'm back home from traveling, I need to get back into my journal for fall.

Gumbo Lily said...

Good ideas for your nature journal. I like!

Elderberry-Rob said...

hello marcie lovely ideas for your journal. I love your kitty (I have a ginger one too). I am loving all this appreciation of nature.