Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Stroll Invitation

According to Dictonary.com, the word winter "comes from an old Germanic word that means "time of water" and refers to the rain and snow..." It has been a time of water, mostly snow and a little icy rain, for several weeks now, but winter officially begins today. Not surprisingly, snow is falling heavily... in large soft flakes that are moving sideways through the air as the cold wind drives them from the north.


If you have time to stroll today, please post about about it on your blog and then come back here with a comment and a link to your post. You may use the Sunday Stroll button at the top of this post on your post or side bar if you would like. I will add participant names to this post so other strollers can walk through your garden too.

Look who's strolling:

Margaret at Periodic Pearls

Linda at The Crafty Gardener

Abbie at Farmer's Daughter

Me, here at The Quiet Country House

...

6 comments:

Linda said...

I've just added a Sunday stroll post title, And then there was more.

Joyce said...

Aisling, I've bailed out of my Sunday Stroll again, due to the ridiculously cold day we're having here.

I wish you and your family all the best this holiday season. Merry Christmas!

Everydaywoman said...

Seems like everyone must be busy shopping and perhaps baking in preparation for the holidays . . . inside, where it's warm! We've gotten about a foot of snow this weekend--quite beautiful, which is now turning to rain/sleet/freezing rain. I have lots of snow and ice pictures posted at my site, although I didn't actually stroll today. Stop by to see "what's cooking" if you'd like for the Christmas Cookie Recipe swap! Happy day, everyone!
Ruth

Margaret Porter said...

I think I left my strolling notice on last Sunday's invitation!

Anyway, I did one today...

http://www.margaretevansporter.blogspot.com/

Farmer's Daughter said...

Hi Aisling,

I posted a stroll this morning but didn't have a chance to comment until now!

Marcie said...

Abbie, I'll add you to the list!

Joyce & Ruth, Thanks for the well wishes! : )

Linda and Margaret, Thank you for strolling!