Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Stroll - Through the Windows



I have a confession to make... I took my stroll from the inside looking out today. Another winter storm is pelting us with snow, and there was no lull in the storm during which to take photos. So, here are the views from my windows today. The distinct lack of clarity in this photos is due to flying snow (the photographer refuses to take the blame!)

From the dining room window on the east side of the house, here are the wood pile, snow fort and the white pines on the hill just east of our property.



From the dining room and living room windows on the south side of the house, here are the vegetable garden and the playhouse, with the lake in the background.

Here is a tiny glimpse of the front garden, from the living room windows on the west (front) face of the house.


Here is the butterfly garden, north and east of the house, taken through the window with a sigh for warmer days...


...

all photos by Aisling, Sunday December 21, 2008

6 comments:

Linda said...

Most of my Sunday stroll was through the windows this week too. Sometimes we just have to make the best of a bad situation.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I shiver as I look at your pictures. Also as I read my daughter's letter from Sanford, Michigan. Truly not my kind of weather. Your blessing a warm home and surrounded by a loving family. It is 10 degrees in my location. But no snow.

Robbin said...

You are really in the middle of a winter wonderland for sure. Stay warm and safe. Love you!

Marcie said...

Linda, You're right, about making the best of a bad situation, but i do hope I can get outside for my photos next Sunday! :)

Ernestine, It is so cold and snowy. Not really my kind of weather either! Oh well, as you say, I have a warm home and a loving family so "let it snow."

Robbin, It is pretty - but it seems as if it is going to be a long, hard winter. Thanks for the good thoughts! Love you too!

Nan said...

I love these pictures, and this is my very favorite kind of weather. Good thing! I'll try to be better about strolling after Christmas! I wish you and your family a wonderful, warm, loving time. And a late happy birthday to you, too, dear one!!

Marcie said...

Nan,

Thank you for the very thoughtful comment. I look forward to your rejoining the stroll. I wonder if we will have a "Janurary thaw" with a few green leaves emerging?

Thank you also for the birthday wishes! :)

hugs,
Aisling