Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Muse - Inspiration from Blogs Goes On...


I've been writing Monday posts these past few weeks to highlight the blogs in my blogroll.

The next blog on my list is Patty's Morning Ramble. Patty is a long-time proponent of living the simple life. I encounter many blogs of folks who aspire to live a "greener life." What is a current trend has been a way of life for Patty for much of her life. Her blog posts offer glimpses of the simple life she lives on a small farm in Texas. Her photography is wonderful, and her posts remind readers to focus on the people in their lives rather than the "stuff."

The next blog belongs to writer Olivia Kroth. Currently, much of this blog is in German, but English translations are often provided. I love the nature photos and related quotes that this author shares. She has another, more personal, blog that I still need to add to my blog list. She is one of those "connected to nature" kindred spirits whose thoughts I love to read.

Kate's cheery blog, Our Red House, appears next on my list. Kate writes charmingly about what is going on in their home: what's cooking, who is having a birthday, what the chickens did when they visited the schoolroom. *grin* I love her seasonal observations, even though her southern hemisphere seasons are the opposite of what is going on here at the Quiet Country House. I check in often for pretty photos, great recipes, and interesting stories.




photo by Aisling, May 18, 2008 Azalea, cultivar orchid lights of the northern lights series

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Aisling, for this recommendation. I really appreciate it, and our love your blog too, of course!

I have just tagged you for the "front door, back door" meme. Come and visit to find out more.

Kate

Marcie said...

Kate, You're welcome and will do! I'm on my way. :)

Patty said...

why thank you !