Saturday, April 15, 2017

Saturday Snapshot


I see waves of gray cloud and sheets of rain, rolling eastward. Lightning flashes, and swims through the rain like a luminous fish.


I hear the low, insistent murmur of thunder and the splash of a million raindrops on the tin roof of the barn.


I smell spring, fresh and rising. I feel cool and refreshed sitting on the patio under a roof,  with a late cup of coffee.

Micah is beside me, drenched and relaxed. We were walking in the woods when the storm blew in. I might never have chosen to venture out in it on purpose, but found it exhilarating to be caught up in the wild magnificence of an April storm.



Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you joy.



6 comments:

JFM said...

This was poetry Marcie... so lovely, your words... your beautiful photos​ and sweet Micah~
Happy Easter 🐇🐇🐇

Marcie said...

Thank you. I hope your Easter is beautiful and blessed.

Out on the prairie said...

Nice to feel that rain , I always have rain suits in my car

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Cat Lover said...

Wonderful photos Marcie. We got caught in the rain Saturday afternoon but we weren't lucky enough to be in the forest!
Thanks for sharing.
Robin

Magic Love Crow said...

So beautiful! Big Hugs!