Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday Stroll Invitation




Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, 
places to play in and pray in, 
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. 
~ John Muir




Will you get out and walk today, in the fresh air, while the birds sing and the flowers yearn toward the sun?  Will you, rather, dodge rain drops and storm clouds and take shelter beneath a wide-armed tree or a generous overhang?  

I shall do one or the other.  There are clouds threatening and a light breeze, but some patchy blue in the sky and a bright sprawl of light through the clouds where the sun should be. 

 If you do take a stroll today, and if you are inclined to share photos of your walk on your blog, please post here and I will add you to a list of strollers.  Would love to see a long list of strollers, as I used to post in the early days of this blog! 


It's Tulip Time Out on the Prairie.  You don't want to miss all the color and detail in Steve's tulip stroll!



quote from: 
https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/john_muir.html

6 comments:

JFM said...

A stroll sounds wonderful Marcie but I'm afraid my knees are telling me "no walking today ol' girl."
You always post such lovely photos and I love that you encourage walking~

Have a Beautiful Day...Rain or Shine :)

Marcie said...

Thank you for responding, Jan. I'm sorry your knees are slowing you down. I actually injured my left knee yesterday, but I am going to hobble around anyway! It was a minor twist, so I don't think I will do any damage.

Walking and nature are just a great cure-all, I believe! Glad my lifestyle allows me plenty of both!

Cat Lover said...

Hi Marcie, we did go for a Sunday stroll today to a new destination. I won't be able to do a post for a few days though.
Hope you had a lovely stroll. Sorry about your knee!
Robin

Out on the prairie said...

I started in a sweater and jacket, now putting on some shorts

Out on the prairie said...

Just posted, made 4 vases of tulips for in my house, they last a long time as a cut flower

Magic Love Crow said...

I was gardening all day today! I hope you've had a great weekend! Big Hugs!