Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday Stroll - Greening Up




In the herb garden,
grape hyacinth are blooming,


just a few feet from golden daffodils.


In the front yard, nestled in close to the house,
sunny squills are blooming pale and delicate,

at the edge of a sprawling patch of old-fashioned myrtle,
now bursting into bloom.


In the garden,
the purple tips of the first few spears of asparagus
are pushing up through the earth,


while rhubarb,



horse radish.


and chamomile thrive nearby, 
greening up and growing quickly 
with the first hints of warmth.


All around, the yellow cheer of early dandelions is emerging.
I am happy to see them,
and it seems I am in good company.

Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you good cheer!



Hop on over to the Steve's blog, Out on the Prairie, to stroll through the tulips!

7 comments:

Connie said...

Hi, this is my first visit to your blog and I am inspired by your asparagus . . . I have got to find some for my garden :) I love meeting new bloggers with common interests and will be becoming your newest follwer when I'm finished typing my comment. Have a wonderful week and happy gardening.
Connie :)

Out on the prairie said...

Very cheerful. I need to look and see if I have enough rhubarb to make something yummy.I have a small obsession to look constantly for mushrooms lately. I told them at church yesterday that I was there, but could hear them popping up.

Marcie said...

Connie, So nice to meet you! I will return the blog-visit very soon!

Steve, I understand that obsession with morels. It is such a short season. You have to get them while you can! I am waiting for a couple more inches of growth on my rhubarb, but will have to make a crumble or something soon. Have an great week!

JFM said...

Marcie...gorgeous photos yet once again!!!
I love the dandelion photo!!! My heart always goes out to these bright and cheerful little weeds. They are like Cinderella before her fairy godmother turns her into a rose :)

Hugs~

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

:)

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely series of photo's Marcie.

All the best Jan

Magic Love Crow said...

I love dandelions too! I hate when people call them weeds! Great seeing the horse radish! Big Hugs!