Friday, October 06, 2017

Friday - From a Fresh Perspective


It seems we often follow 
the same old trails,
every day.


Once in a while,
it is good to get a fresh perspective.


It is good to kneel in the grass,


breathing in
the heady fragrance of abundance.


Occasionally,
we could stand at the bottom of a hill,


looking up.


Sometimes, perhaps,
we need to lie on the earth,
with our palms pressed to the ground,


and gaze
at the sky above us.


We may notice, then,
that all things are connected.


If we stand,
still and quiet,
in the dappled light,
we may learn that even 
shadow and light 
are intertwined.


Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you peace.

13 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

When I read where you wrote that it's good to kneel in the grass I remembered a Mary Oliver poem. This is just part of it.I hope you'll like it.

I don’t know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn’t everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

Marcie said...

Oh yes! I love that poem. Mary Oliver is a favorite. Thanks for posting that! Just a perfect poem to read this evening!

Debbie said...

Beautiful reflections to go with your photos. I enjoyed strolling "with" you.

And love that Mary Oliver poem, too.

Marcie said...

Debbie, Nice to see you here.I am so glad you enjoyed today's meanderings! :)

Anonymous said...

wonderful reflections photos! great that Mary Oliver poem!!!

Cecilia said...

What beautiful pictures! I love flowers!

Sandra Cox said...

How beautiful, Marcie. The words and pictures carry me into a world of serenity.
Hugs

Marcie said...

Thank you, Elke! And, yes, I am so glad Granny shared that poem here.

Marcie said...

Cecilia, Thank you and welcome!

Marcie said...

Sandra, thank you! My hikes are sort of a walking meditation and I hope to share the feeling of peace with those visit my blog.

M.K. said...

Lovely words. I feel like I was walking and looking up with you. I do love shadows and dappled light, even more than full sunshine. Thank you!

Marcie said...

You are welcome. So glad you joined me.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love your photos and I love your words!! Big Hugs!