Thursday, October 12, 2017

Nature Notes from My Journal


Yes, Pom Pom
I did draw at least one of the unexpected guests in my garden. 
This praying mantis was a master 
(or mistress?) of camouflage, 
 and really blended in with the green leaves 
of the deliciously fragrant lemon balm.



 I found a beautiful blue-jay feather this week 
that I want to add to my journal.
 I am trying to decide whether 
to make a little pocket, 
to draw it, 
or both.


Isn't it lovely?


Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you joyful discoveries.

12 comments:

M.K. said...

What an interesting feather - the two sides look completely different. I like your journal page! Fun drawings, and fun fall activities.

Granny Marigold said...

Thanks for letting me know the strange insect was a praying mantis. Never have seen one in real life!
I like your journal pages.

Pom Pom said...

I figured you would! I love your journal!

JFM said...

Truly wonderful journal page with great art, too Marcie!!!
I would keep the feather in your journal...it is lovely and would add realism to your memories and thoughts~

Lowcarb team member said...

I love the lavender sketch.

All the best Jan

Marcie said...

Thanks, MK. I think the feather is so interesting with its asymmetrical coloration.

Marcie said...

Thank you, Granny. I usually see a few each year, but this was the first one this year. They are good at hiding!

Marcie said...

Thank you! It is fun to do!

Marcie said...

I like your comment about adding realism! Good thought. Thank you.

Out on the prairie said...

Look what the eggs look like and you may find more. Had an iguana trio watching me in Mexico 2 days ago while I ate.

Debbie said...

I *loved* getting a peek in your journal!

I'm wondering if you chose your "color for the day" by what you saw around you? (So maybe the day's color chose you? ;) )

Magic Love Crow said...

I love your feather and I love your journal!!! Big Hugs!