Sunday, October 22, 2017

Sunday Stroll - Short and Sweet



My day is full,
but I couldn't deny Micah 
a short, but sweet, morning walk.


Tendrils of sun lit our way,



as we followed a silver ribbon of creek
along the edge of the cedar swamp.



Busy honey bees dipped in and out of the stream
for water.  But we meandered casually,
coming up out of the woods,
 and into the field
to hike home in full sunshine.


It was good to see a few late blossoms 
in the long south meadow.


These two black-eyed Susans are aglow,
when all the others faded many weeks ago.

Wherever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you joy.

Click here to be transported to Steve's Sunday Stroll, Out on the Prairie.

Just a note: There were several comments on my blog when I checked earlier, and when I tried to click "publish" I think I accidentally hit "delete."  I'm so sorry if your comment does not appear.  Can't figure out how to retrieve them!  Thank you for your kindness in commenting, and I hope you will try again!  :) 

12 comments:

JFM said...

Lovely photos Marcie...it is so nice to see Micah once again.
Have a lovely Sunday 🍁

Granny Marigold said...

It's looking very Autumn-ish. Glad you and Micah had a good walk.

Pom Pom said...

It IS looking damp and fall-ish in your neck of the woods, M!

Lowcarb team member said...

I always enlarge your photographs Marcie, they look lovely.
I especially liked your first one today.

All the best Jan

Marcie said...

Thank you. He is a oretgy dog, isnt he? I like how his face looks happy!

Marcie said...

We have had a warm fall, but so windy. Our color is at peak, but I'm thinking the wind will suddenly sweep the leaves away all at once!

Marcie said...

It is indeed damp and fallish! Loving the color and the lingering warm days!

Marcie said...

Thank you for taking the time to enlarge my photos, Jan. How nice! There is often a lot of detail and texture, such as the finely shaped cedar leaves in my first photo. Your comment brightened my day!

Birgit said...

This looks like. Nice warm walk in autumn. Love the black eyed Susan’s still showing up. We had 23C today but by Tuesday, it will down to 12.

Marcie said...

We are expecting that drop in temps too. We've been spoiled with the lingering warmth! Bundle up, Birgit! :)

M.K. said...

Your puppy dog looks so happy and ready to go! Very pretty sunlight.

Magic Love Crow said...

Truly glorious pictures Marcie! Loved them! Big Hugs!